Saturday, October 30, 2010

Busy weekend....

I haven't been posting a lot lately because, to be honest, there isn't much happening around here. I've been running errands around town, relaxing. It's been nice, if a little boring. The weather's been a bit on and off the past couple days...some misty rain and fog. But today has been beautiful! One thing I still can't get over is the sunsets here. I literally take a picture of the sunset every other day. And the sunset is fleeting, probably only worth looking at for 5 or 10 minutes. That's probably why I like it so much.

I get to see this sherbet-colored sky every single day!! 
Last night I went to Anne-Marie's house to babysit for her adorable daughter Anaelle. It was so fun, and I think I made a new friend haha. We played Barbies for 2 hours. Anaelle has such an imagination! She kept coming up with elaborate stories (most of which involved witches who wanted to imprison animals...) and she would tell me what my character was supposed to say or do. The best part about going to Anne-Marie's house? They have a dog! I've really missed my dogs and just cuddling with animals in general, so you can imagine I did my best to take advantage of snuggle opportunities. I had a lot of fun, and I stayed for a delicious dinner after babysitting. It looks like this will be a semi-regular thing, so that'll be nice!

One crazy thing: Anne-Marie told me she's never seen a fresh cranberry before. We had some cassis/cranberry yogurt stuff, and she said, looking at the picture on the container, that she could only assume it was a picture of a cranberry because the other berry pictured was cassis. I couldn't believe it! Cranberry is my favorite thing in the whole world. I told her I'd try to bring some fresh ones back for her after Christmas and we could make cranberry sauce. Mmmmm.

Then today, I met at a cafe with Ludovic, a man who wants to start English lessons/conversations every week. We chatted about his job (something about pumps?) and the military. He was really curious about military service in the US. I am like the least knowledgeable person on that subject. I tried to answer his questions but it was tough because he doesn't understand English very well. Anyway, he just wants to converse in English a bit and be able to express himself. It'll give me something to do on saturdays!

Ambroise Pare
Since the weather was so nice, I walked over towards school to check out the weekly market. I bumped into two women whom I had asked for directions last night on the way to Anne-Marie's, and we chatted a bit. So friendly! I snapped a couple pictures of the school in the sunlight, and a really cute cat came over and meowed at me. Of course I had to pet her! I'm sure she was someone's pet, because she was super clean and fluffy.

You can bet I scratched the heck out of those ears. So cute. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful,beautiful pictures wish I was there with you, Mom

    ReplyDelete